[Coco] Frustrated! ARGH!

tim lindner tlindner at ix.netcom.com
Sun Nov 28 13:16:07 EST 2004

David <golgotha at toughguy.net> wrote:

> c) I cant get Nitros9 to boot on anything.. Is there something I'm missing?
> the "DOS" command just returns an 'ok' prompt

Nitros-9 is distributed on double sided disk images. I suspect Jeff's
CoCo 3 emulator (like his CoCo 2 emulator) does not support double sided
disk images.

I suggest downloading the sources for the Nitros project and the sources
for CoCoTools and build your own single sided distribution.

Realistically Nitros-9 wont fit on a single sided disk, so you'll either
make a virtual hard disk, or a fake large floppy.

Hmm, I am not sure if Jeff's CoCo 3 emulator supports fake large
floppies.

If you can't tell by now, I like to encourage people to download the
Nitros-9 project and assemble their own. But I do understand that it can
seem like a daunting task. So another option is to just build the
CoCoTools project and use it to copy a double sided distribution to a
large, fake, single sided disk. or VHD.

--
tim lindner
tlindner at ix.netcom.com                                            Bright