[Coco] speaking of Atari...

alsplace at pobox.com alsplace at pobox.com
Wed Nov 24 00:09:50 EST 2004

I always wondered why we didn't see more Atari 2600 style games for the
CoCos.  The CoCo was certainly more capable than the 2600 (heck, Monkey
Kong was a 2600 Donkey Kong clone, and Trapfall was real close to
Pitfall).  It seems it would have been an easy thing to go through the
old 2600 library and just write CoCo versions ;-) changed enough to
avoid lawsuits...

Atari has a new console out by the way.  (Or, whoever owns Atari these
days...)  I'm not sure what it really is (emulation?) but it is a
console that plays a bunch of 2600 and 5200 games built in.  I haven't
seen one in person yet, but it might be fun to have.