[Coco] USB devices

mmarlett at isd.net mmarlett at isd.net
Tue Nov 23 16:59:16 EST 2004

Mark,

Carrying a coco hard drive in your pocket has been done already here at
Cloud-9. Not via USB but through our SuperIDE interface. Compact Flash,
Memory Stick, MMC, Smart Media, Secure Digital all have interfaced through
the use of the 4n1 and the SuperIDE. Fun to carry your drive in your pocket
and plug and go.

PC Keyboard, done, not USB, hardware solution. Dana Peters original design.
I updated to current parts, ported the code to a PC assembler from the
Amiga and re-did the board layout.

USB Ethernet, new. I'm working on an Ethernet option for the coco. To get
Email is about 5 lines of code, very simple. The work is done in the
embedded solution. Not cheap but flashable, upgradeable and the support is
on them. For all the reasons James has stated is why I didn't go down that
road. You have to determine if the software/hardware or mixed solution best
fits the target.

Boisy implemented ATAPI commands in the SuperDriver release. I have had a
LS-120 drive connected to the coco. I need to revist the 3.5" disk media in
that device.

I know the Griz has used a ZIP drive and PC-DOS on his system to transfer
files to/fro. Right Ray??? What version of PC-DOS are you using?

All fun and interesting to learn. I want to learn.....I do it on a CoCo!
Every project ever done at Cloud-9, I didn't really know how to do, in one
sense or another. Fun to look back, fun to look what is coming.

Mark
Cloud-9
http://www.cloud9tech.com