[Coco] GCC for the 6809

James Dessart james at skwirl.ca
Sun Nov 21 21:39:40 EST 2004

On 20-Nov-04, at 12:30 AM, John R. Hogerhuis wrote:

> I'd love to have a *good* non-archaic c compiler to use.
>
> Good, as in, generates good code.
>
> Until then it's assembly language on the 6809

That's basically it in a nutshell, and I'd agree. gcc right now is not
in any state to be truly useable. You can do basic RSDOS stuff with it,
but that's about it. It doesn't produce position-independant code, and
in its current incarnation can't. Boisy did some work to get the linker
to produce OS-9 binaries, but it's been hindered by that fact.

James