[Coco] Oddball disk format question

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Sun Nov 21 21:32:47 EST 2004

Robert

It may be that the disk was written with a higher powered controller
than the WD. T he Intel 82077AA-1 will format tapes as well as
Floppy drives up to 4 MB capacity.  It will support unlimtied tracks.
The 82077AA will support floppy dirves upto 4MBs but not tapes.

I guess there were thought of expanding the floppy dirves beyond
1.44 MB never really materialized. I know most modern PC's will
support 2.88 MB drives but really don't no of who make that size
now or if they were ever really made in to large scale production. I
guess the big hard drives over shadowed the need for large floppy
drives.

james