[Coco] Monitor for the CoCo

Roger Taylor rtaylor at bayou.com
Thu Nov 18 23:09:14 EST 2004

At 06:58 PM 11/18/2004, you wrote:
>I'm going to buy a monitor for my CoCo3.
>I was thinking about getting a CM-8, but that won't work with my CoCo2,
>nor give me artifacting.
>I found a lot of monitors that will work with composite on e-bay. But
>still have a few doubts.
>Will I be able to get a readable 80 column display in any? Any model known
>to work better or worst than most?
>Thanks,

Usually, 80-columns of text on a composite monitor will have so much
red/blue artifacting on top of the already fuzzy video that it will be
unsatisfactory.  I have used some very clear composite monitors before with
the CoCo and I've yet to be happy enough to settle for it.

My CM-8 shows fairly decent 80-column text much better than a composite
monitor does, but I've heard of a lot of other monitors that people have
connected to the CoCo via hacked cables, etc.  Try to locate Marty Goodman,
as he is a super-guru (not an understatement) with CoCo monitors and
monitors in general.

--
Roger Taylor