[Coco] Old Coco book..?

Steve Ostrom smostrom at mn.rr.com
Thu Nov 18 23:06:31 EST 2004

Dezorian wrote:

>Hi all!
>
>I'm trying to remember the title of an old Coco (or possibly TRS-80) book.  If
>I remember correctly, I think it was by Bob Albrecht and had a lot of his
>"Wandering Star" programs, among other things. I think it was meant for
>classroom/educator use and was about 40 pages or so (pretty thin).  I bought
>a badly weathered copy at Radio Shack in 1985 for a buck (clearance) and it
>seemed pretty old back then!
>
>I followed Neil's link to TRS-80.com's document portion and thought it might
>be "My TRS-80 Likes Me", but no such luck.  I DO remember an illustration
>inside of a goblin with an arrow stuck in its head with the caption "Haw Haw,
>ya missed all my vital spots!" if that'd ring a bell with anybody...
>
>Any ideas?
>
>Shaun

One of his books that I have is called, "Adventurer's Handbook, a guide
to role playing games", by Bob Albrecht and Greg Stafford.  It's an 8.5"
x 11" format and 204 pages.  Also, if I remember correctly, he had a
beginner's series in one of the computer magazines (Popular Computer?)
in the early 80's called the Wizard's Castle, or Now What Do You Do, or
something like that, and I think he was the one who went by the name of
George Firedrake.  I'm relying on 20 + years of faulty memory here, so
someone please correct me.

-- Steve --