[Coco] Cheers to the CoCo

Jim Cox jimcox at miba51.com
Fri Nov 12 15:40:46 EST 2004

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 01:23:03 -0600
  Roger Taylor <rtaylor at bayou.com> wrote:
> I was Googlin' up a bunch of CoCo sites and just
>piddling around and I came across Mary's blog entry
>mentioning us, whoever played a part in helping her
>discover her deceased dad's old CoCo life by way of a
>bunch of old dusty CoCo floppy disks.
>
> Mary started out looking at a bunch of useless floppy
>disks with nil hope, but because she's like us and
>doesn't give up easily, in a year's time she ended up
>with her wish coming true, thanks to our unique
>hospitality that we've always possessed and even though
>we are from all parts of the world; we all helped Mary
>get in touch with her dad.
>
> http://journals.aol.com/nuxie/MyTrs-80CoCojourney/entries/549
>
> Cheers,
>
> --
> Roger Taylor

Besides being albe to help another CoCo-nut, I was also
able to help myself by finally setting up my CoCo and to
some degreee getting my stuff organized so I can relearn a
lot of the stuff I have forgotten or learn the stuff I
never even tried.

I applaud Mary for her tanacity and wanting to learn even
more.  I wish more people her age were as interested in
the guts of the system as she is.  It makes you wonder how
much people are missing these days due to the plug and
play mentality.

-Jim