[Coco] [Color Computer] Coco 3 and the Internet

James Dessart james at skwirl.ca
Mon May 10 19:04:19 EDT 2004

On Mon, 10 May 2004, blaqsith wrote:

> Just curious if any of you use your color computers for anything
> internet related.
>
> I doubt there are any native programs written for the coco to do any
> of the above, but dialing into a UNIX system from a Coco would allow
> all of that to take place (and more) :-)

I know others have used a CoCo dialed into a unix system, and I've done it
in the past. It was mainly to download RS-DOS executables, so I was using
Ultimaterm with zmodem on the CoCo side.

Assuming I can get gcc working, or someone else is willing to try porting
Contiki using another compiler, then that's also an option, in the future.
And of course the superboard add-on, which I think is more likely to
occur in the near future. :)

James