[Coco] Painting Yellowed CoCo Cases

Roger Taylor rtaylor at bayou.com
Sun May 2 21:56:03 EDT 2004

At 02:20 PM 5/2/2004 -0700, you wrote:
Looks pretty good.  I'll have to head over to Wal-Mart today and pick
>>some up.
>>
>>Boisy
>>
>>On May 2, 2004, at 10:47 AM, jdaggett at gate.net wrote:
>>
>If you're going to Wal-Mart, Boisy, just get their own house brand of
>spray paint in ivory or some other off-white color.  Wash the case
>thoroughly with dish detergent and water first.  Apply several coats
>sparingly.  That's all I used on the Grizzly CoCo, on both the regular
>chassis and my homemade cover and it has held up well for six years now
>through some rough handling.

Oh, man.. you guys are gonna make me admit to painting a CM-8 and CoCo 3
with the "FleckStone" paint once.  I got the idea from an Amiga user who
did the same and brought his system to a meeting back in the early
90's.  It looked like stone.  I tried the same with my CoCo but I got the
speckled brand and layed it on thick.  I still have the CM-8 now and there
are a few chips missing here and there.  I had to let that CoCo case go,
however.  :)