[Coco] [Off Topic] Very General Question

AMODMO at aol.com AMODMO at aol.com
Wed Mar 31 22:34:17 EST 2004

     I live in the Green Mountain State, in the capital city of Montpelier,
high on a hill. We've still got snow banks along the sidewalk and driveway. For
the first 14 years of my life I lived in Lowville, New York, the gateway to
the Adirondacks. The winter there was even more snowy than here in Vermont.
      My first computer was a CoCo2 using cassette tapes for programs and
files. I moved up to a CoCo3 with Disk Extended Color Basic (under license from
Microsoft and Microware - - - do you suppose Bill Gates may have personally
written some or all of that operating system?) I never learned ML programming,
but I did write several Programs in BASIC that I still use: Typaline 80 (a word
processor and typewriter emulator), Wide Screen Disk Menu (M.BAS for short. It
reads a disk directory and lets you read any ASCII file, load or run any
program, print disk labels, kill a program, etc.), and SONGBOOK, which displays
all the BIN music files, lets you choose one to play, then displays the words of
the song, one verse at a time, as its music plays. (It's a KARAOKE program
written about a dozen years before that word was heard of!)
     My modern computer is an iMac, which I consider a pretty great computer.
     Oh, by the way, my name is Dave Otis.