[Coco] Anybody ever post "Quaver"?

Dennis Bathory-Kitsz bathory at maltedmedia.com
Wed Mar 31 09:09:15 EST 2004

At 05:46 AM 3/31/04 -0800, Bruce Birkner wrote:
>--- Dennis Bathory-Kitsz <bathory at maltedmedia.com> wrote:
>> At 05:09 AM 3/31/04 -0800, Bruce Birkner wrote:
>> >Well, if your asking, you have any old boards stored away? like the eprom
>> >programmer? or maybee something else?
>>
>> Data Gatherer, I believe, is the only one I have in any quantity (maybe a
>> dozen).
>
>I am not familliar with the data gatherer, can you give a
>quick description of it?

These are the bare boards for a standalone A/D and D/A conversion system,
12-bit, for process monitoring. It came with its own operating system
(DGOS) in EPROM (no disks; it had to be rugged), and was designed for a
company that built locomotive engines and other huge electrical machinery.

They were using a CoCo (stripped of its telltale case, of course) with the
Data Gatherer and its special shielded cable, an extremely tiny thermal
printer (about 4 inches square), and a 5-inch color monitor all built into
a metal case. It marked up the cost of the CoCo about 5000%.

The Data Gatherer sold finished for (IIRC) about $600. The only parts that
may no longer be available are the D/A converters (which used a software
routine for A/D).

The whole project ended up in six parts in UnderColor (#3-8).

Dennis