[Coco] any BASIC programmers out there?

Bob theother_bob at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 28 05:24:52 EST 2004

--- Mark Marlette <mmarlett at isd.net> wrote:

> Chet,
>
> Write new software for the CoCo??? This is the best time to own and
> developed code for the CoCo. Market is not what it use to be but it is the
> easiest it has ever been to develop, hardware or software.
>
> We are making steps that have never been done on the CoCo before. Still fun
> and educational.
>
> >I gotta ask.....Is anyone even writing new software for the Coco
> >anymore?

Heh, funny you should ask... I was just about to wonder out loud if I'm the
only one still coding in Basic. I've been having a blast developing Color FOG
for the past two years (errmm... on and off ;) ) The CoCo3's BASIC seems to
handle GUI better than you'd expect, or better than I expected anyway. I've
seen worse, in Basic and OS-9!
http://www.geocities.com/theother_bob

A while back I posted a way to double (on a 128K CoCo) your HBUFF space. I'm
pleased to add after experimenting that the graphics or data stored there
remains intact and usable even after Ctrl+Alt+Reset. This gave me both a speed
increase and program size decrease, both in graphics rendering.

I've also figured out (with the Unravelled books) how to manipulate HCLS to
clear only desired portions of the screen. Very handy speedup for Basic!

So yes, Chet, we're still CoCo-Nuts! Some of us more than others. ;-)
cheers,
Bob