[Coco] [Color Computer] Digger II (and source archive) as Freeware

Stephen H. Fischer SFischer1 at MindSpring.com
Tue Mar 23 00:45:44 EST 2004

Hi,

Welcome back, you will find that we are now in a SPAM free zone and quite
active with many projects.

One of my projects involves making useful versions of our old message stores
be it Delphi, Bit.List.CoCo or other. (CI$, GE ... )

The OS-9 forum on Delphi is on the missing list but the CoCo forum may be
well represented. A second copy would greatly help should there be any
problem with what we have now. I do have an index to the Delphi OS-9 forum
messages but not many messages.

B.L.CoCo messages for 1996 are needed in that I only collected the first
three months and 1997 is completely missing.
The previous years that you might have would be greatly appreciated in case
of problems with those we already have. I know there are some problems and
1991 is very suspect. 1990 and before would be a real treat.

For the BCC stuff I would be a good person to make a copy available to as I
do have BCC. I would expect to just hold it and pass it on to anyone
interested.

Chet Simpson wrote:
> Hello all!

> extremely bad with all the SPAM (20 coco messages out of 500? ICK!).

> Currently the archive includes the following works:
> bcc6809 - An unfinished enhancement of the BCC C Compiler targeted
> for 6809 and 6309 CPU's
> copt - unfinished rework of a the C Peephole Optimizer included with
> BCC

> ??Full?? CoCo List Archives from 93, 94, 95, and 96
> A lot of other misc. code and tools which I created over the years.
>

> I am currently in the process of rearranging the archive and running
> diffs on all the various packages to eliminate any code archives
> which may be duplicates although I highly doubt there will be any.
> Right now the zip archive sits at a little over 27MB with an
> alternative zip archive of 8MB. I created this archive sometime in
> 2002 and haven't looked at it since so it may take a few days before
> I can make a full distro available.

I am doing a lot of duplicate testing and could spare you some of the work.

If you are talking "ZIP" drives, I have one as well as a "JAZ" drive.

Not a good purchase compared with today's CD media prices, but then that was
the show in town.

> I would prefer to hand this over to someone that is interested in
> making use of the source code and utilities or expanding on the
> development of it. I am also considering uploading the contents of
> the archive to my Dev6809 SourceForge project which I never ended up
> using.

Our numbers are growing daily, you never know what  new CoCo project will be
started or old ones restarted.