[Coco] Re: Re: Where's everybody goin'?

Theodore Evans (Alex) alxevans at concentric.net
Wed Mar 17 21:40:33 EST 2004

On Mar 17, 2004, at 8:00 AM, Lawrence Weeks wrote:

> Once upon a time (Tue Mar 16), Theodore Evans wrote:
>
>> There are a handful of threading mail clients. The first one that
>> comes to mind is YAM, but I would bet it won't run on your hardware.
>> IIRC both pine and elm support a threading mode.
>
> There is mutt as well. It's the best non-GUI client IMO, and the
> threading
> support is excellent. I could not imagine using a non-threading client
> any longer. It seems insane.

Well, most GUI base e-mail clients lack a handful of basic (and
important features) that were commonplace in CLI clients.  In addition
to threading support, seperate styles for forwarding and replying to
messages and rot-13 support come immediately to mind.  Then again YAM
is GUI based and supports these things.

--
Theodore (Alex) Evans | 2B v ~2B = ?