[Coco] screen saver Very Off Topic

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Tue Mar 16 23:03:36 EST 2004

Dave Kelly wrote:

> On a system running Windows ME, I have a screen saver with an extension
> of '.src'.
>
> I would like to change some of the graphics. But nothing I have will
> load/open it. I have tried: word, power point, photo shop 6.0, and GIMP.
> Anything else I might have on this machine?
>
> I can rename it with GIMP, then both photo shop and gimp tell me they
> can not open it.
>
> Anyone got any ideas?
>
> Thanks
> Dave

All screen savers use .scr as the extension. These are not graphics
images but programs with imbedded images. If you look at scrfile in your
registry, you will see that they are "run" by desk.cpl, the desktop
control panel.

If you do an Internet search for "scr files", you will find programs
that claim to permit editing the contents of or creation of .scr screen
savers.