[Coco] HDB-DOS at 16K

Boisy G. Pitre boisy at boisypitre.com
Tue Mar 16 12:27:35 EST 2004

Hi Art,

I'm thinking of adding some features to HDB-DOS, but in doing so, would
have to use the extra 8K ROM area at $E000-$FDFF.  I'm curious what
kind of incompatibilities would something like this bring to a CoCo?
Aside from the obvious need for a disk controller to support a 16K ROM
size, did you find that Extended ADOS-3 suffered major compatibility
with certain programs?

Also, are there any special considerations that one has to take into
account with the way the CoCo 3 ROM code moves ROM into RAM?

Boisy