[Coco] Electricians

Steve Ostrom smostrom at mn.rr.com
Thu Mar 11 20:59:31 EST 2004

Dennis Bathory-Kitsz wrote:

>At 10:35 AM 3/12/04 +1000, Bob Devries wrote:
>

>>In Australia, you're not even allowed to *DO* any electrical work of *any*
>>kind without an electrical contractor's licence. Technically, that includes
>>opening up a PC case.
>>

>Wow. I'm glad I'm in Vermont. Here we plumbed, wired, extended and updated
>the house, put in cable and telephone lines, added a barn addition and
>wired it including the service box, etc., etc. The only people with any
>interest are the zoning board, and they hardly make any noise unless you
>forget to purchase a $10 building permit.
>
>Dennis

Same here.  Built my own house back in 1979.  We're still living in it,
and it hasn't fallen down yet or burned up due to faulty wiring.  Did
all the construction, wiring, plumbing, furnace, woodwork, etc. by
ourselves.  Just had to take out a set of permits and have it inspected
when we were done.  Four person job (wife, father, grandfather and me),
took about 12 months working nights and weekends while holding down a
regular day job.  The wiring inspector was great.  He came in, looked at
one room, saw that we had all the romex wiring laid out perfectly flat
without twists, signed the inspection release and left.  Some of the
other inspectors were not quite so nice to work with.

-- Steve --