[Coco] [Color Computer] Re: mystery chip on COCO2 XC80652P

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Wed Mar 10 20:32:09 EST 2004

Eric

I think the tube that is bad is a #80 or 83 something like that. They
are available but kind of costly.

More so than the tubes is the condesnsors that will need replacing.
back then they used paper dielectric caps and they are almost bad
by now. Might be able to recharge them with a variac. Slowly bring
up the voltage and maybe the diaelctric will reform properly.

What I do want to get is exact replacement caps if necessary and
restore it back to full tube use.

james