[Coco] [Color Computer] Re: mystery chip on COCO2 XC80652P

smostrom at mn.rr.com smostrom at mn.rr.com
Wed Mar 10 16:06:12 EST 2004

I have one of the old chest-high wooden radio consoles that belonged to my grandparents.  This beast had multiple radio bands (short wave and aviation to name two) in addition to the normal band, plus rows of unique styled buttons that I forget now what they were supposed to do - maybe tone type controls.  I remember about 30 years ago it used to turn on and we could get static, maybe even a station.  I'd love to try to get this working again.

Dennis, if I give you a list of tubes in the chasis, can I buy replacements from you if you have them in stock?  Since I'm not an electronics wizard, all I could really do is just swap out the old tubes for the new tubes and see if it works, unless someone could guide me through some diagnostic checking with a volt/ohm meter.  Are there still tube checking machines in existance?

Thanks!

-- Steve --