[Coco] RE: [Color Computer] mystery chip on COCO2 XC80652P

Mike Pepe lamune at doki-doki.net
Mon Mar 8 22:14:35 EST 2004

Steve,

It's a slightly reworked 6821 that better matches the electrical
characteristics of the keyboard interface.

They used to use 6822 chips for that same reason back in the CoCo 1 days

If you blow up the XC80652P a 6821 or 6822 is a drop-in replacement. (well,
a desolder and drop-in, most likely!)

  _____