[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] mystery chip on COCO2 XC80652P

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Sun Mar 7 22:22:16 EST 2004

In a message dated 3/7/04 9:35:29 AM Eastern Standard Time, jdaggett at gate.net
writes:

> Neither port is open collector.
>
>  Both Port A and Port B are open Drain.

Same thing logically, except for the reduced current rating.  Just different
terms for CMS and bipolar TTL.  (When I learned electronics, it would have
been "open plate", so there :-)

> Maximum pullup voltage is
>  18 VDC. Each port pin must have an external pullup resistor. Not
>  sure but the sink and source currents are not very high. Maybe one
>  TTL level ~2 ma.

Being open-whatever, there is no source current available.  Except what your
pullup resistor lets thru when the output is HIGH.

Hope this reduces, rather than adds to, the confusion -- Mike K.