[Coco] [Color Computer] composite video conversion for Coco2

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Sun Mar 7 18:54:20 EST 2004

Steve

Not sure if you got my reply, but you had to disable the oscillator section of the
MC1372 and pullup pin #12. I think 5VDC will do. Not sure if you erally need
7.5VDC. The buffer stage following needs proper bias set to give proper levels for
the particular monitor. Usually 1 V peak to peak in the proper polarity.

Pin#12 of the MC1372 likes to see a load impedance of about 3900 ohms.

Somehow my emails to the Yahoo group bounce. You have to power pin #13 and
pin#14 as they are open collector to a diferential pair that forms teh RF oscillator.
Pin #13 connects internally to the base of a transistor that supplies bias and
operating point for a dual diferential pair that is the RF modulator. One of the
collectors of this dual differential pair has an open collector that is tied to pin#12.
What is happens inthis configuration is that rf modulator is no longer functioning as
modulator but as a single ended ouput differential amplifier.

The buffer amp can be a video amp like Neil's circuit or even more sophisticated
like the video amp NE572. Even some wide band op amps will work if they are kept
to low gain, say between 2x and 10x.

james