[Coco] S.E.C.S.

Steve Bjork 6809er at etechwds.com
Wed Mar 24 21:17:16 EST 2004

Hi Brad,
SECS was Screen Editor Control System.

It was an extension to the Color Basic (in the days before Extended Color
Basic) that let you edit basic statement lines on the screen.  (remember,
non-extended Basic did not have a line edit command.)

It also had a few extra commands hi-res graphics commands too. (once again,
not part of standard basic.)

Once Extended Basic came out the product was no longer needed.

Oh yes, the "/" was used for an "end-of-line" code for the editor.

The program is a throw back to the good old days when you needed something
then you just wrote it yourself.
(I hated retyping a basic line statement because of small syntax error.)

Steve Bjork