[Coco] Radio Shack catalog lookup

Roger Taylor rtaylor at bayou.com
Wed Jun 16 23:07:42 EDT 2004

At 09:03 PM 6/16/2004, you wrote:
>On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 20:51:07 -0500
>Roger Taylor <rtaylor at bayou.com> wrote:
>
> > Oops.  My bad.  However, some of the cgi programming examples I have
> > specify text/plain for the HTML page, but we all know that can't be
> > right.
>
>One of these days, I might actually learn CGI.  (But for now I'll stick
>with PHP / MYSQL)

Speaking of PHP and the mySQL database language, I just spent the past
weekend transferring a web client over to a new host, which included moving
the forums.  :)

You can write CGI-BIN applications with just about any language... Perl, C,
C++, HLA, etc.  I suppose any kind of database accessing you do will be up
to your program unless there's a way to send mySQL queries from the CGI.

I'm planning on beefing up the coco3.com web site over time with more
interactive features.  A search-FAQ sounds real nice, where you could ask
your own question concerning the CoCo and get answers.