[Coco] Hard Drive Problems

Frederick D Provoncha elderpav at juno.com
Tue Jun 15 00:54:49 EDT 2004

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 21:14:49 -0500 Mark Marlette <mmarlett at isd.net>
writes:

> Do you recall what you did, if anything, when the hard drive stopped
> working?
>
> SCSI termination is proper? Any added devices?
>
> Regards,
>
> Mark

Now that you mention it, I did plug my Speech/Sound Cartridge into slot 3
of my Multi-Pak around the time that the NitrOS partition on my hard
drive failed. It might have been just a coincidence, but I decided to
test out the theory anyway.

So just a few minutes ago I took the Speech/Sound Cartridge out of the
Multi-Pak, and then turned the Coco system on:

NitrOS-9 booted from the hard drive! Everything worked perfectly! The
problem disappeared!

I was curious if the presence of the Speech/Sound Cartridge in the
Multi-Pak was really to blame, so I shut the system down again,
re-inserted the Speech-Sound Cartridge, and turned the system back on
again. Again, the system booted from the hard drive flawlessly!

I don't know what happened or what was wrong, but somehow the problem
went away. Everything seems to be working fine again. I hope it stays
that way. We'll see. If the problem pops up again, I'll let you know.
Thank you so much for all your help.

Now, if I can only get the downloaded NitrOS-9 boot disks to work...

That's still a problem.

Fred Provoncha