[Coco] New CoCo Ideas

Ward Griffiths wdg3rd at comcast.net
Wed Jun 9 00:05:12 EDT 2004

On Tuesday 08 June 2004 07:04 pm, Allen Huffman wrote:
> 1.  Power On.
>
> 2.  Type:
>
> 10 FOR I=1 TO 100:PRINT#-2,"ALLEN HUFFMAN":PRINT#-2,"PO BOX
> 22031":PRINT#-2,"DES MOINES IA 50325":NEXT
>
> 3.  Type:
>
> RUN
>
> Mailing labels being printed before a Windows system even boots.
> THAT's what I miss, too.

Those are return address labels, not mailing labels.  Mailing labels
change from one iteration of the loop to the next.  Did my first mass
mailing (using Scripsit 1.2 and Profile II on the TRS-80 Model 2) to
the teachers and administrators of the Clark County (Nevada) school
district about three months after the Coco (and Mod 3 and PC-1) were
announced.  (I'd just been hired as the Instructor at the RSCC there in
Vegas).  I was already hooked on the Coco (I've got machines with 4K to
2Mb), but the Mod 2 and its 68k successors are my true loves -- if I
hadn't gotten hooked on Xenix, I wouldn't have built the first Coco
multiuser setup in Los Angeles County using OS-9 Level One about a
month after it shipped to the store -- hey, the manual had those funny
commands such as "login" listed, and crafting a null-modem for the
bitbanger only took a minute to turn a 16k Coco with Vidtex into a
terminal to a 64k machine.
--
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd at comcast.net    http://home.comcast.net/~wdg3rd/

Poacher is a legal term.  It is just a hunter who doesn't follow the
government's silly rules.  Meat is meat.  There is plenty of room for
all god's little creatures right next to the potatoes and gravy.
                                         "Jim" <address by request>