[Coco] Sending a <FF> to a printer

Shawn Hedgecorth shedgecorth at wi.rr.com
Sat Jun 12 14:17:54 EDT 2004

Hello,

Using OS-9 Level 2, is there a way to set up the printer driver or
descriptor to automatically send a <FF> at the end of a print job? As it
works right now, I have two options: (1) press the status button on the
printer after the printer has received the data, or (2) from the shell
prompt type "display c > /p". I realize that the standard way does have its
benefits in certain situations, but most of the time, it is an annoyance.

I initially thought I would try "xmode /p eof=0c", but after that didn't
work, I read up on the device descriptor section of the manual and found out
that eof is an input to the computer from the device, which doesn't exactly
fit the way printer communications work, hence the reason that it is set to
00 in the first place.

Anyone have any ideas?

Shawn Hedgecorth