[Coco] Re: MINIHOG Demo Here Now!

Robert Emery theother_bob at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 30 17:34:39 EDT 2004

--- Chris Spry <bugster at cedarcomm.com> wrote:
> Yeah, that part isn't programmed yet (getting hurt and detecting when you
> fall off a cliff), so when that happens, funky stuff will happen since the
> coordinate values for mini are off the charts.  As for the music, that's
> still being debated.  I will have sound effects for sure, but for music
> that's where it gets hard since the CoCo doesn't have a separate chip for it
> (just a 6-bit DAC driven straight from the CPU).

Hey Chris,
consider doing the 3 voice music and maybe advanced sound effects via the
Speech Pak. Normal SFX and less/no music without it. This would probably
require a high-speed modified SSC, but that's a *very easy* fix.

The SSC allows you to remove some load from the CPU and probably save space in
terms of stored music data, plus I think it would enhance your game in
*novelty* terms too. SSC games are rare/lame.

Your demo ROCKS by the way! I'm blown away already! Great work!

Bob