[Coco] RomPack

mmarlett at isd.net mmarlett at isd.net
Wed Jul 21 16:25:41 EDT 2004

Steve,

As for what the pak does, I'm not sure. The part is a SmartWatch device,
it's battery is internal to the IC itself. They have RAM that is battery
backed up as well. 2k-512k IIRC. Along with the standard CMOS RTC.....

Mark
Cloud-9

>I have a Coco rompack without a label that does not self-execute.  Upon
opening the black shell, I see a circuit board that says "ANTECO" on the
side nearest to the spring door, and has a fairly large black block on the
other side of the board.  This block is fixed to the circuit board by pins.
 In the middle of the block is a rectangular depression with an exposed
chip.  This chip reads:

>DALLAS
>DS1216-
>8911D2
>
>My guess is a clock, but I don't see any kind of battery.  Anyone know for
sure what this beastie does, or who manufactured it?