[Coco] Re: Help with ms-dos DSKINI please

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Mon Jul 19 21:29:55 EDT 2004

Robert Gault wrote:
><snip> The main problem is why won't DSKINI.EXE convert this image to a
> real floppy. I don't have the answer for that.

I have tried several methods for making a real disk of this image with
no success. The direct method with "dskini /t40 /d a: lsl.dsk" fails at
track 11. A copy of the disk made with an emulator fails in the same
manner. OS9.EXE a: -w lsl.dsk will not work either.

It makes no sense that a program like dskini.exe, which works perfectly
for all other images I've tried, would fail on any specific image. My
guess is that some combination of data bytes is being interpreted by
dskini as a specific dskini instruction. Clearly this should be
impossible but I can't think of any other possibility.