[Coco] Totally OT: Terabit memory device

Roger Taylor rtaylor at bayou.com
Sat Jul 17 19:29:56 EDT 2004

At 04:16 PM 7/17/2004, you wrote:
>Yep, a Tb is 125GB, but I believe the cube was a terabyte.

>Jim
>
>On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 16:12:20 EDT
>  KnudsenMJ at aol.com wrote:
>>Say, isn't a terabit just 125 GBytes?  ISTR you can buy a hard drive that
>>size for maybe $3-400.  Of course we all remember when that many MB was a
>>monster HD.

Oh brother.  Tell me it's not true.  Are there any companies actually
trying to use the term "terabit" to possibly throw off the unfortunate of
the computer product consumers into thinking they're getting a
terabyte-sized drive?  After all, think of all the companies that saved
millions by redefining the term "gigabyte" into meaning "one billion
bytes", which is not true at all.  But by legally stating in fine print
what the company's definition of gigabyte means, it's not really false
advertisement.