[Coco] Portal-9 Questions
mannslists at invigorated.org
Thu Jul 15 10:06:17 EDT 2004
On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 00:12:49 -0500
Roger Taylor <rtaylor at bayou.com> wrote:
> Please be specific about what is working and what isn't since you
> reinstalled. Also, check out the new build where I did discover a
> possible small memory leak inside the .ini loader. Note that this was
> a VERY small leak that could occur if some of the ini lines were not
> in the right format. I would escape from the routine without freeing
> the dynamic string memory.
> I made a few changes here and there in this build but it's still
> called 1.59 and it's still not official... just a test run.
Alright. I'm sorry I haven't been more specific. I have a 3 month old
child, and she is taking a lot of my time, normally during the times
when I'm trying to get the Portal-9 problems to happen again. :)
Anyway, I'll try and be more specific here.
First off, I reinstalled Portal-9, upgraded it to 1.59, and installed
the source pak.
Second, my baby's asleep, YAY! :) (She was well over tired.)
Third, I'm running Windows 98se with all the current updates from
Microsoft. It's running on a P3 1.2GHz with 512Meg of RAM.
1. It seems to be running out of memory. I'm going to amend what I've
said earlier, and say that it only happens after I've either opened a
project and closed it and opened another one, or built a project then
closed it and then opened another one. I'm still trying to get a
screenshot of it when it does this, but it keeps on complaining to me
about not enough memory. (I'm not running anything else in the
background, except for some common Windows TSR's [If they are still
called that].) I'm still working on it. :)
2. When I build, it sometimes complains about not being able to find
certain files. These are builds off of the source pak, btw. I've
uninstalled and then reinstalled the source pak, thinking that it had a
problem installing, but nope. Normally the files it can't find are text
files. (Like in the wildcopy project, it couldn't find wildcopy.txt,
even though it was right there in the project folder.) UPDATE: I just
restarted my computer, and reloaded the wildcopy project, built it, and
it worked. Now, I'm confused. :(
3. Almost forgot, #1 happens sometimes when I'm opening a project. It
complains of a "MDI Child creation failed."
4. It pretty much always has some problem when trying to open the
Projector-3 project. It's normally #1. Like I said before, there can't
be half a gig of source for that project. :)
I hope this helps a bit more. For all I know, it could just be my wacky
computer. *sigh* But thanks for the help, and I hope that I've helped a
bit with the development.
Sorry to Roger Taylor for my shortcomings here. :)
More information about the Coco