[Coco] 6309 microprocessor project 01-28-2004

John Collyer johncollyer at zoominternet.net
Thu Jan 29 06:49:23 EST 2004

> I am still wondering if anything was ever written and is being used by
> the CoCo community that uses the NoCan memory board.

I don't think anything was written for it because like you said, "but it
looks
like since the board requires you to butcher the CoCo slightly, that it may
never catch on."  Jeff's emulator contained the 16MB interface in version
1.6, but was referenced at the FF7x locations.  This memory works very
well in the emulator, but no one ever used it.  I thought someone would
eventually use it for the next great video game and/or graphics.  I was
thinking if I moved the MMU extended registers to the NoCan area that
it might be more compatible with a real coco because of the NoCan board,
but maybe I'm wrong about this.  OS-9 could only use it as a ram disk driver
without being totally rewritten.  However that does not stop applications
from
using the memory.

My question is does anyone care about this memory?  Do you want to see it in
the emulator?  If this memory is located at the NoCan area would that entice
you
to use it, because theoretically it could be used in a real coco3?  Are you
willing to
write software that would only run on a emulator and not on the real coco3?

John Collyer