[coco] A couple of PC hardware questions

peak at mail.polarcomm.com peak at mail.polarcomm.com
Tue Jan 20 11:56:38 EST 2004

No No NO
Do NOT short the VSB line to ground!! Not even momentarily!!
Instead you must connect the "PS-ON" line to groung! In my
ATX supply the PS-ON wire is grey and the VSB line is BRown
but these colors may be different on yours! Also my ATX
supply has two different strings of power cables for the
drives. I at first thought that loading either one was the
same as loading both but that did not work. When I placed the
load on the correct string it turned on!!
Eric