Emulators. Was: Re: [Coco] oh dear God, my Inbox and more

Roger Taylor rtaylor at bayou.com
Tue Jan 20 00:02:05 EST 2004

At 09:22 AM 1/17/2004 -0800, you wrote:
>Richard:
>
>MESS seems to be the most complete emulator package, though from what I
>have read from others, is not as efficient as other emulators.

Visually, the interface and GUI portion of M.E.S.S. is the worst ever.  The
interface app is buggy (and in ways that the M.E.S.S. team definately know
about, so I will not report obvious bugs).  But the emulator window itself,
the actual surface that shows a CoCo's video screen on the PC screen, and
the actual system emulation is superior to Jeff's emulator.

I think the ultimate CoCo 1/2/3 6809/6309 emulator would be one that has
the lifelike graphics similar to David Keil's emulators and the
so-far-so-good accurary of M.E.S.S.  Drag-and-drop everything.  Turn knobs,
flip switches, using the mouse.  This project is on my burner and will get
done.  Stay tuned.