[Coco] Jingo - Jango - Mars

James C. Hrubik, Sr. jimhrubik at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 15 09:30:06 EST 2004

On Thursday, January 15, 2004, at 06:06  AM, <arikboke at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I've noticed a bit of the "jingoist" streak in some of these posts.
> Somewhat
> unworthy for people living in, arguably, the most advanced nation in
> the world
> in the year of our Lord, 2004.  Neither the Chinese nor anyone else
> has TAKEN

There's nothing wrong with looking at the world through clear lenses.
I live in a country where I still have far more freedom and "goodies"
than I could have anywhere else in the world.

The plain fact is that no other country in the world - and that
includes Canada and Mexico - will stand up for the rights of the people
of the US of A.  We have to forget all this nonsense about everybody
loving one another ( as nice as the concept is, and not saying we
shouldn't personally try to exercise it ) as nations and protect our
own turf.  If we go to Mars, it will be to exercise our technology to
keep us free, not to do some stunt.

The only reason why we haven't gone to Mars and beyond sooner is that
our priorities have been on trying to produce some sort of Heaven on
Earth.  Once we recognize that won't happen, we can make progress.  If
we had scrapped half of our social programs and poured the funds into
space exploration, we'd be leaps and bounds ahead now.  Call me a
jingoist, but I love my country, warts and all, and I see nothing wrong
with promoting the well-being of my fellow citizens by making tech jobs
available over the well-being of somebody in some other country.  Help
the furriners, yes.  Let them mess up my homeland, no.

And to make this on-topic, let's suggest to NASA that a COCO be placed
on Mars as a memorial to Earth technology!  < G >

Warning : Following script is Politically Incorrect
Akron, OH - The Northern Capital of West Virginia
There are no Hill Billies in Akron OH...
they now go by William.