[Coco] Re: off-topic, space program

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Wed Jan 14 19:23:45 EST 2004

Jim

One who is frantically waveing his arms over his head.

I have already started a project. I have whittled a star catalog down
to about 17,000 stars magnitude 10 or brighter. And another group
of 17,000 or so that are dimmer than magnitude 10.

Then I have a catalog of Meisseir objects, Herschel 400, and NGC
and IC catalogs. Estimates are that I can condense this and put it
into aobut 4 MBytes of Flash or can sit in easily in a 16 M compact
flash/ MM card drive.

I have a a basic program written for the peeeceeee that can be
ported to either ECB or Basic09 that will calculate the pointing
directions for a telescope. Basically I just need to start to put
together about six small basic programs and do some drivers for
stepper motors or DC servos and hope to test in the next two to
three months.

My slow K6-2 450MHz peeeceee is running Set at home screen
saver. Takes about 130 hrs to process a block. But better than
nothing.

james