[Coco] The silent night

Dave Kelly daveekelly at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 10 12:43:28 EST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Neil Morrison" <neilsmorr at hotpop.com>

> Even up here in Lotus Land (Vancouver, BC) it got down to a
> shocking -10°C. My furnace, which usually runs 30 minutes max per
> day, ran for over 4 hours in a 24 hour period. One neighboring unit
> blew out a sprinkler in an unheated garage setting off the fire
> alarms.

I must remember to wake up more before I attempt to read the messages in the
morning.  The first time thru on this one I registered 'furnace' as a lady
friend you intend to marry.  After a couple CPU cycles and a shot of coffee,
rereading made sense.

In the early 80's Houston had one of those rare time when the temp was below
freezing for a week over the Xmas holidays.  The neighbor returned after NY
to find 3 feet of water in the house where the pipes in the attic had
thawed.  He did not have insurance to cover such as this.  ( This is my
melted water tale. )