[Coco] Off-Topic: Nero for CD-ROM backups?

Stan Blazejewski stanblaz at netspace.net.au
Mon Feb 9 08:06:58 EST 2004

On Sun, 08 Feb 2004 22:48:55 -0800, you wrote:

>Hello:
>
>Just got my first CD-ROM Burner and the Nero software came
>with it.  Has anyone out there used it for backing up
>their system.  If so, I'd like to hear from you, off list
>if possible.  Thanks!
>
>Jim Cox

I have tried it and found it to be very slow & disk hungry.
I now use Ghost.
Mine's an old drive (x16 write) but these figures'l give you an idea
what to expect with a 10 GIG HD.

Nero - 14 (700M) CD's, took about 5 - 6 hours.
Ghost - 4 (700m) CD's & 1.5 hours.

Nero can extract separate files from the backup but my version of
Ghost can't (current one can) ... I still prefer Ghost.

PS, Ghost can read & write CD's even if windows won't boot (can be
handy)!!

stanblaz at netspace.net.au
www.stanblaz.customer.netspace.net.au