[Coco] Any problem with connecting 2 floppies to one power supply?

William Astle lost at l-w.net
Mon Feb 2 05:48:35 EST 2004

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004, David wrote:

> Also, I'd like to note that on some drives, at least, there's a jumper
> that determines whether all drive motors turn on at motoron.  On my
> initial setup, this jumper was not set, and I'd experience file errors
> on large dsaves.  The driver assumed that the second motor was already
> up and didn't give the drive time to spin up.
>
> Incidentally, I had trouble with disk saves under Autoterm, an old
> RS-Dos terminal program.  That was before I found the jumper error - I'd
> bet now that Autoterm made this assumption, also, and that was the cause
> of these errors.

Disk Basic makes the same assumption. That is, motor enable spins up all
drives. Reference the DSKCON source in the appropriate unravelled book.

This was really annoying because the FD502 second drive kit came with the
drive configured (with a soldered jumper no less) to spin up only on drive
select.

--
William Astle
finger lost at l-w.net for further information

Geek Code V3.12: GCS/M/S d- s+:+ !a C++ UL++++$ P++ L+++ !E W++ !N w--- !O
!M PS PE V-- Y+ PGP t+@ 5++ X !R tv+@ b+++@ !DI D? G e++ h+ y?