[Coco] [Re] 6309 Microprocessor Enhancements for - TRS-80 Colour

John Collyer johncollyer at zoominternet.net
Sun Feb 22 06:47:21 EST 2004

Hi again,

Since I am in slowmo because of learning
directx programming I decided to make a
Tran's Pmode version of the emulator. This
will let me test my memory manager system
for RAM and ROM that I have already made.

Pmode allows me to use interrupts and ms-dos
commands while still having a 32 bit program.

The great thing is the 6309.asm and
HARDWARE.asm are already converted
to Pmode code. I not sure but Tran's Pmode
says it will run on any system DOS, Win9x,
WinMe, and win NT/2000/XP. This conversion
process is much easier to change to because to
change over you convert ms-dos interrupts and
use Pmode for interfacing the memory and real
mode stuff. You can have real mode interrupts
and protected mode interrupts also. The graphics
can stay the same because you just use the pmoded
versions of the ms-dos calls.

Now there is room for enhancements in basically a
pmode 32 bit real mode program! I'm not sure, but
what if it runs in winxp with the real mode interrupts
and memory access? I'm not sure about that?

The main thing is I can test the code I wrote for the
FFxxH and memory manager system. Plus the 6309
is all 32 bit and fully macrozed. I removed the special
opcodes $11FD and $11FF. These two special opcodes
are reserved for the directx win32 version.

John Collyer