[Coco] Fw: getting files on a virtual disk

Bonzzo bonzzo at twcny.rr.com
Sat Feb 14 23:16:49 EST 2004

If this message appears multiple times, sorry, I tried to send this directly
to the newsgroup, but I'm thinking it got filtered out

"Mike" <pickel at no.spam.twcny.rr.com> wrote in message news:...

wow.. after 10+ years of not even looking at a coco, I found and purchased a
coco 2 with disk drive on e-bay.  So now I have all my old Rainbow and Hot
CoCo magazines out along with my OS-9  manual, trying to relearn many things
I have forgotten.

Unfortunately, all my old software is gone (oh my and I had tons of
software).  I'm finding slowly but surely at least some of the software I
used to have and used.

I have downloaded the emulator and have figured out how to write the virtual
disk to a real disk to be used within the CoCo.  One of the FTP sites had
some software I used but it is not in .DSK format but rather in the format
the CoCo needs (.bas / .bin / .arc).  My question is how to get these file
to load in the emulator, so I get them on a virtual disk, so that I then can
write the files to disk?  Or am I going about this all wrong?

To make a long story short I need to take /bas, /bin and /arc coco files
that are on my PC and transfer them to disk to be used on my CoCo.

Another question I have.. the ARC files.  These are compressed files right?
I need the program to unpack these files or if I'm mistaken, how do I read /
launch these types of files?

thanks in advance.

- Mike