[Coco] ...speaking of emulation on the CoCo

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Fri Dec 31 03:08:18 EST 2004

>Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 10:13:08 -0800 (PST)
>From: Robert Emery <theother_bob at yahoo.com>

>Just throwing this out there for conversational purposes. A while
>back we were discussing the possibility of emulating the Vectrex on a
>CoCo,
[...]

>It got me to wondering if it would be possible to connect two CoCo's
>together via the cartridge port to form a sort of dual-processor
>CoCo, with one of them becoming a "slave" to the other's
>instructions.

There was some discussion of using a slaved coco2 with an orchestra-90
pak for better sound in games.  The idea was to fake out the keyboard
driver PIA on the slaved coco2 (so the orc-pak ROM would work
unmodified), but AFAIK nothing ever came out of it.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA
   --- Yacko