[Coco] [Color Computer] Complete Commodore 64 home computer on a single chip

Roger Taylor rtaylor at bayou.com
Wed Dec 22 16:54:07 EST 2004

Expect this retro trend to continue.  Consider the fact that there was a
huge explosion of arcade games and personal computer activity in the 80's;
so much that most of everything is probably still ahead of it's time for 1)
today's kids, and 2) adults who didn't follow it all in the past who think
it's "new" today.  :)

Kids who don't have a clue what those games and computers were will buy
them just like we did, as they don't really know the difference in old and
new technology.  There's already revamped Atari units besides all of the
little joystick-based games that are showing up everywhere.  You know,
block graphics and low-resolution games are not really that bad at all.

At 01:23 AM 12/22/2004, you wrote:

>FYI
>
>"Jeri Ellsworth has squeezed the entire circuitry of a two-decade-old
>Commodore 64 home computer onto a single chip, which she has tucked neatly
>into a joystick that connects by a cable to a TV set. Called the Commodore
>64--the same as the computer system--her device can run 30 video games,
>mostly sports, racing and puzzles games from the early 1980s, all without
>the hassle of changing game cartridges.
>
>She has also included five hidden games and other features--not found on the
>original Commodore computer--that only a fellow hobbyist would be likely to
>appreciate. For instance, someone who wanted to turn the device into an
>improved version of the original machine could modify it to add a keyboard,
>monitor and disk drive".
>
>http://tinyurl.com/6q8k5

>$4.98 domain names from Yahoo!. Register anything.
>http://us.click.yahoo.com/Q7_YsB/neXJAA/yQLSAA/CFFolB/TM

>     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
>

>--

Roger Taylor