[Coco] Re: silly question about ?OM/?FC errors

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Fri Dec 17 12:08:29 EST 2004

If you have a Coco3 that runs in RAM, you can POKE out the DK at $C000
and reset the Coco to Extended Color Basic 2.0.
POKE&HC000,0:EXEC&H8002

If you are using a Coco1 or 2, it will be necessary to transfer all the
ROM code to RAM so that you are in 64K RAM mode. Then the above will work.

In general, if you are causing Basic to start programs at $600 because
you want to run tape based programs that require the extra memory, there
is little chance that a disk command will be issued. Clearly a cold boot
is required before you do any normal disk I/O.