[Coco] [Color Computer] Coco 2 Schematics

Mark Marlette mark at cloud9tech.com
Tue Dec 14 07:39:47 EST 2004

At 12/13/2004 09:36 PM -0800, you wrote:

Neil,

Darn, I was hoping that someone else was actually doing some type of
hardware project. Need some more do'ers.

I still don't see the difference between a CoCo2 and a SBC. I hope
Randall's intern joins the list. Shares his knowledge of his project. He
could tap in to a few of the experts here to help himself and learn even more.

This community has a lot of the experts still around and their knowledge
speaks for itself. One of the differences I see with the current state of
the CoCo that is different than the Commodore. The number of do'ers over
talkers. Don't take this wrong, we need to have ideas but we also need more
than just a few hardware or software developers. I don't consider myself
one of the experts either, love of the machine, yes. Grateful for what the
machine has taught me and where it has placed me in my life. I am where I
am today, because of this machine, no question. I remember talking with
Tony D of Disto many times. I had designs and he helped me learn. From that
I would compete against him. It wasn't until he left the CoCo scenes that I
started to make my products available.

I work with the CoCo almost everyday. The days that I don't, it is just a
rest. Typical at least 2-4 hours a day. Last night almost 8 after a full
day of work plus a commute(almost 2hrs round trip). The machine still is
teaching me things. Talk is simple, setting a goal and completing the task
is the hard part. Anyone that has done a commercial project and completed
it will agree. I know, I have plenty completed and plenty started. The
started pile is getting smaller and smaller. SB is looking better and
better.....

Regards,

Mark