[Coco] CCASM for Linux

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Sun Dec 12 05:00:52 EST 2004

>From: KnudsenMJ at aol.com
>Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 13:22:34 EST
>
>In a message dated 12/11/04 5:23:32 AM Eastern Standard Time,
>goosey at virgo.sdc.org writes:
>
>>It's  called EMACS, make, and RCS.  (The usual line is EMACS, make, and
>>GCC,  but the last doesn't apply in this context.)
>
>Works great for me, too.  I get so overwhelmed by IDEs like Visual
>C++, which seem to shove every possibility in your face all at once.
>Like walking up to a Code machine and seeing a 747 instrument panel.
>Good old Emacs and Make do what I want, when I ask them to.

Plus, if you have the seperate tools, you can use them for other
purposes.  Make can do all sorts of automatic processing.  RCS can
keep track of arbitrary text stuff, be is source code or a novel.  The
C preprocessor is a very useful tool in its own right.  But if that's
all merged into an IDE you can't get to it!

> --Mike K.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA