[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] Multi-Pak and Speed-Sound Pak

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu Dec 9 22:19:37 EST 2004

On Thursday 09 December 2004 21:28, Pierre Fortin wrote:
>Hello,
>
>Sorry I don't speak anglish, I speak french an I use translator.
>
>I can ask questions in French please?
>
>My question in french:
>
>J'ai enfin fait l'acquisition d'un Multi-Pak pour mes Coco. Quand je
>connecte mon "Speech-Sound Pak" dans le Multi-Pak avec un Coco 2 ou
>coco 3, ça ne fonctionne pas, je n'ai rien à l'écran et quelques
> fois des carractère bizare qui s'affiche. Quand je connect le
> "Speech-Sound Pak" directement dans un Coco 2 ou 3 alors il
> fonctionne. Pourquoi?
>
>My question in anglish with a translator :
>
>I finally purchased Multi-Pak for my Coco. When I connect my
>"Speech-Sound Pak" in Multi-Pak with a Coco 2 64K or a coco 3 128K,
>that does not work, I have nothing in the screen and several times
>bizarre character which displays. When I connect "Speech-Sound Pak"
>directly in a Coco 2 or 3 then it works. Why?
>
>Thank you

There were a couple of things that come to mind, one of which is the
doubled clock speeds of the coco3 mucking with the timing of
something in the pack so it doesn't work.  I believe there are fixing
instructions in a file that should be available from
<http:www.rtsi.com/os9archive>, someplace up the tree of stuff there.
Unforch, I do not recall the name of the file at this late date.

The other thing is that the coco3's gime chip and the slot gateing of
the MPI clash by inadequate address decoding in the MPI, and that
there is a conversion kit (there are two types, not
interchangeable, so you need the model number of your MPI when
ordering) that should be available from 'cloud-9', do a google search
on that term and the first hit or so should be Mark Marlettes
goodie page.  He has lots of tasty toys to make your mouth water.

Good luck!

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)