[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] Very OT but!

Davey Brain dsbrain at neosplice.com
Thu Dec 9 01:01:55 EST 2004

Neil Morrison wrote:

> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6922802383
>
> Am I losing my mind? What's up with this? This was a $20 - $30 book when
> published, surely. And this is Amazon's price for used copies, too.
>
> I must look in more thrifts.
>
> Neil

Neil,
I just checked and I own this book! I bought my copy of this at a local
thrift store for 5 or10 cents. So I have the real potential to make an
unspeakable "thousands%" profit on this???

I have a habit of buying any computer book and most computer software
and hardware I see at this thrift store. All books are 5-10 cents and
software is 25 cents to $1.00; hardware is usually a buck or two. I'm
still kicking myself at not buying 5 AutoCAD books last month. I knew
that the next day the place was starting a book sale - a grocery bag
full of books for $1.00. I went at 11 AM the next day and they were
already gone.

BTW, I bought a Coco 2 system there that was marked "non-working" and
marked $1.00. I asked at the store and the store "geek" said she hooked
it to an old monitor and it didn't work. I got it home and it worked
fine...hooked to my TV. I knew that the old monitor was composite and
the Coco is RF modulated, so...hehe, my gain!

WarpDavey
--
Davey Brain
Due to political oppression I'm seeking a Canadian or European

"Leave the matter of religion to the family altar, the church, and the
private school, supported entirely by private contributions. Keep the
church and the state forever separate." - Ulysses S. Grant

This OS/2 uptime is 0 d 22 h 55 m 20 seconds

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Q7_YsB/neXJAA/yQLSAA/CFFolB/TM